Well, I've jumped on the meme bandwagon with this random little collection of bits concerning yours truly. May attempt Kath's proposed topic next.
Five Things You Probably Never Knew About Me:
1. My nose is plastic. Well, for the most part. (Never sass someone who is 4 times your size and has anger management issues.)
2. I was just two belts away from black belt status in taekwondo when my partying ways got me the boot. Something about lack of sleep/food contributing to a visible decrease in performance ability/dedication...
3. I spent the first couple years of my life on a depressing-ass wheat farm in NoDak. An orange tabby cat "taught" me to walk before getting run over by a tractor (the cat, not me, although at the time I probably would have given at least a limb for that kitty to keep on keepin' on, for I loved him so. yeah, it was like that...we were on a FARM in NORTH DAKOTA...my closest companions were a cat and some cows...what do you want from me?).
4. I studied at the University of London for a bit as an undergrad. Fell in love with that city. Waiting for someone to emerge from the shadows and offer me a job that pays enough to allow me to set up camp there permanently. Some of the people I lived with couldn't wait to return to the U.S. and bitched endlessly about *inconveniences* like the lack of iceberg lettuce, ranch dressing and a brand of humor that they could understand. I, on the other hand, swore off any allegiances I may have possessed with my first step off the plane at Heathrow. I actually cried, a lot, when I had to come back "home."
5. I have trouble writing concisely, but I'm getting better. Which is funny because I write for a living. My first "real" paper in college was 29 pages long. My professor (understandably) refused to deal with this onslaught of freshman-grade prose and sent me back to the library, tail between my legs, to start anew. I emerged several hours later with the abridged version of said paper and a profound sense of pride in its refreshing new length of a mere 15 pages.