12.11.2006

Udderly odd.

Last weekend the H and I went on a little trip to the animal shelter just to "take a look-see" at the potential kitty friends for ol' Willy. We told ourselves we'd just go have a look around, chat with the shelter people and then take what we'd learned home with us to make a rational decision about when and where to best acquire Willy's playmate.

Well, then we met Oscar (who, at the time was named Moo because of the resemblance of his spots to those of a dairy cow) - please see photo below:


He was perfect for Willy! A match made in kitty heaven! And home with us he went.

He and Willy absolutely love each other. So much so that they sleep together in a little pile of fur on one of their 37 cat beds and groom each other and wildly chase each other around the house. Willy's favorite move is the "bitchslap from above," while Oscar generally relies on the "bite the ear and neck repeatedly" tactic.

The thing about Oscar (Or, Mr. TwiggleMoo, as I've taken to calling him,... What? What's that you say? You're thinking I'm a little crazy, right...that I'm dangerously close to "cat lady" status? Well, there's a perfectly good reason for calling him TwiggleMoo, I'll have you know - thematically, it jives well with Willy's nickname - Mr. ChunkerNoodle).

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the *thing about Oscar* is that he was weaned a little early. He has therefore become A Suckler. That's right - Oscar suckles things...as in he sucks intently on any number of household items and/or body parts as if they were his own mama's welcoming teat!

Disgusting, you ask? Yes. Yes, indeed.

Kind of endearing though? Well, at first, but not really. So no.

Of course, the H and I are working on this little issue to ensure that house guests won't be subjected to a snotty Oscar suckling upon arrival. Just yesterday, the H was awoken by a gentle suction feeling and a strange mouthy/swallowy kind of sound. I kid you not, Oscar had gone in, full force, for the H's left nipple (the one that's a little enlarged permanently from a nipple piercing he had in the college days). It's hard to get that little sucker (no pun intended) off whatever body part he has chosen as his pacifier. And, I mean, the nipple? That's just taking it entirely too far.

I woke up today with an eerie feeling and Oscar perched on the pillow right above my head. It was then that I felt a cool sensation on one of my earlobes and realized it was a little wet. And then I noticed that my earring was gone. Front and back - entirely gone.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Kath said...

Cute little kittie!

Welcome to the family Sir Sucksalot!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Hubs said...

it's impossible to go to the DFL and walk out without a new friend.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

Aw, I think the suckle thing is just preshus!

Crazy cat ladies rule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home